Friday 14 September 2012

It's Easy Being Green!

....I know Kermit the Frog always says that it's not easy to be green... But really it is!

Now that green and leafy vegetables make up 50-70% of my daily intake of goodness (and by goodness I mean food) I feel vibrant and energetic throughout my whole day! In fact, my days are a whole lot easier and far more enjoyable to get through.

There is no better way then to start your day with greens! They will give you plenty of nutrients and energy to go and go and GO! Plus every single calorie is full of goodness!

Typically when I first wake up I drink a litre of water to rehydrate from my sleep, I do some Yoga, and then I make a fresh green juice for breakfast. So I thought it would be nice to share this juice recipe that I like to make in the morning to kick-start my day:

GREEN JUICE ..Mmmm

4 Kale Leaves
2 Lemons
4 Green Apples
Ginger
A handful of fresh Cilantro (Corriander)
Half a handful of parsley
2 Celery sticks
1 small Cucumber
*And optional is 1 Orange to sweeten the taste.
This makes around 2 Litres in my juicer, so you can half the ingredients if you wish to make less quantity.

It's surprising how quickly you will start to enjoy the flavours and actually crave them! I have two daughters who are just under 2 years and 4 years old, and they both wake up in the morning and ask me to make them this juice, they guzzle it down and want more!

Enjoy! :-)

Xx Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment